Bolivians married with other Bolivians or foreigners under the laws of the Netherlands may apply for the registration of their marriage at the Consular Section of the Embassy, ​​obtaining a Marriage Certificate. With this registration, the marriage will be legally recognized in Bolivia.


  1. Passport or Identity Card (original and copy).
  2. Marriage Certificate legalized or Apostilled and translated into Spanish by a sworn translator if it is in a foreign language, valid for no less than three months of issuance.
  3. Original Birth Certificates of both parties (legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in case one of them has the Dutch nationality).
  4. Two witnesses carrying their passports or identity cards and a copy (witnesses may be Bolivians or foreigners, but they cannot be relatives of the parties).
  5. Proof of current residence (invoice, extract of residence or other documentation that certify the current residence of the contracting parties).