In the Consular Section of the Bolivian Embassy in the Netherlands, marriages are celebrated when at least one of the contracting parties is Bolivian.

In order to celebrate a marriage at the Consular Section, you must request an appointment and send a high quality scan or photograph of the following requirements to:


  1. Passport or Identity Card (original and copy).
  2. Original Birth Certificates of both parties (If one of them is Dutch, the certificate must come in its international version and must be legalized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
  3. Act of Manifestation of the will to marry (processed by the Consulate).
  4. Certificate of Non-Marriage Registration (The Consular Section will issue this requirement for Bolivian citizens).
  5. Cancellation of previous marriage, only in case of one or both of the parties have been previously married.
  6. Certificate of Civil Status in an international version legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, for the foreigner fiancé.
  7. Two witnesses with original and copy of their passports or identity cards (witnesses may be Bolivians or foreigners, but they cannot be relatives of the parties).
  8. Proof of current residence (invoice, extract of residence or other documentation that
  9. Certify the current residence of the contracting parties).